Floating

HPSZolaLuckyStar
Site Admin

Floating

Post by HPSZolaLuckyStar »

Nothing to see or hear, smell or taste. No sense of touch or temperature. The room is soundproof, lightproof, temperature and humidity controlled...and it is wonderful.

Floating in a sensory deprivation tank serves as a real hack to meditation. This is a heck of a tool. We should have these in our homes. They should be available to all at minimal charge, something recommended by the doctor. It sucessfully isolates the mind and deprives one of all the usual distractions. The water is set at a comforting warm yet not too hot neutral. It feels lovely and warm going in but after awhile begins to seem neutral, almost cool.

There is a small purple light in the container. When you turn it off, you're plunged into absolute darkness.

The first 15, 20 minutes is spent just kind of assimilating, trying to arrive at a calmer meditative state as you'll experience a literal pain in the neck at this time. This is because we store so much stress in the neck and shoulders. Being sensory deprived you become acutely aware of it. But the pain begins to dissipate after 15 minutes or so.

The only thing you can hear is your breathing and your heart.

The first 20 minutes I spent kind of relaxing into it. I was doing what we do in yoga. Focussing on the breath while directing my attention to my third eye.

IN: one....two...three.....HOLD...one...two..three.....RELEASE....one....two...three....pulling in purple light and releasing white, feeding it into the space around me, my aura.

They give you a kind of headrest thingee, but it's actually more comfortable without it. The water completely supports you.

A couple of tips: even before taking the first shower before going in the tank, first thing is put in the earplugs while you're still dry. Second, keep a washcloth at hand and a squeezebottle of fresh water (just outside the tank) to rinse then wipe ones face before opening the eyes. Because the saltwater in the eyes...stings like heck. This is not like going swimming in the ocean. There is 1200 pounds of epsom salt in the water. It's highly concentrated. Don't rub or touch your eyes while in there.

After the falling into the silence, allowing oneself to drift...and breathe....and simply be present...the space feels like it is suddenly opening up around you. It felt like floating on the bosom of a deep underwater sea grotto, I began to see lights in my third eye, glints of color reflecting off the stone, off the water. And then that feeling became the feeling I had when I was lucid in the dreamtime.

I'd become lucid in the middle of a dream. I pulled a piece of chalk out of my pocket (willing there to be one in there...and it was). I drew a door with a circle for the knob. Grasping this I announced my intention: I will see the earth from orbit. And stepped through.

I found myself floating in a quiet deep of drifting blackness, punctuated with tiny stars. And then the feeling of rotating forward, looking 'down' towards my feet, seeing the vast illuminated curvature of the earth coming into view past my toes...

I had this exact feeling now in the tank...like I was back in that moment. I wondered if I'd see the planet again...but no. Just drifting, rotating in this weightless state.

This reminded me of when I fell two stories, hit a fence, spun away from that, hit the ground on my feet...then fell backwards like a felled tree. When I hit the earth (I was unable to move), I didn't lose consciousness, I fell into the earth as though it was water and found myself in this same dark velvet deep. Floating with tiny distant stars studding the velvet. A comfortable feeling, not a frightening one. A place I feel I've been many times before.

And here it was again. No sound then I could hear the beating of my heart. My breath was loud. Back then (in the near death state) I was out of my body and so there was no sound, no heartbeat, no breath, no bodily sensations. I could still observe and think. And now, in the tank as this silent observer stepped forward and observed, I saw lights...soft flashes of pink, red, blue and other colors..glinting off the wet stone and water in a fabulous undersea grotto. So while I'd shifted to 'seeing' with eyes shut (meaning seeing with the third eye), it wasn't an active kind of seeing but a passive, contemplative one.

It was extremely peaceful.

The last thirty minutes passed in what felt like 5. I would love to spend a few hours doing this but the session was 75 minutes in total.

The attendant asked me how it was. I mentioned how the last 30 felt like 5 and he said that's good; I'd gone into the alpha state.

What I find very interesting is that this brain state or frequency is the same frequency of the earth.

I said yes, this is what we also call void. Which is not about emptying the mind but simply whatever you're doing in the present moment, focussing all attention and energy on that. I have done this for a long time as an artist. We also call it the zone. No thoughts of the past, no thoughts of the future. Being completely present. When you sucessfully enter this state, you hit the no time space where hours pass like minutes. You move into the intuitive side of the brain. Shift hemispheres.

The tank is a wonderful tool to assist one who is interested in doing this. It also provides a host of health benefits.

Afterward, I felt amazing. Rested, refreshed. If you have the chance I'd highly recommend trying it. I know I plan to make this a regular part of my practice from now on.

The regular person typically does not enjoy spending 6-15 minutes in a room alone with nothing to do but think. This was proven in 11 studies. People prefer doing mundane activities rather than spending time alone with themselves. This is so true I think; especially in the age of social media. The social media companies...all that stuff is a distraction and outside of the person. It actually isolates you but in a different way than the tank...which is really about allowing a person to re-connect to...themselves. Without all the distractions.

Heres some health benefits of floating:

a1.jpg
a1.jpg (66.36 KiB) Viewed 111 times

a2.jpg
a2.jpg (41.7 KiB) Viewed 111 times

a3.jpg
a3.jpg (53.65 KiB) Viewed 111 times

This is a terrific aid for those wishing to learn meditation. It ought to be recognized by doctors as a vital health treatment. It reduces mental illness while enhancing wellness. People who entered with high anxiety left with a feeling of peacefulness that lasted the rest of the day.

I know for myself I felt terrific and rejuvenated.

Source for the graphs:

Dodola.jpg
Dodola.jpg (71.26 KiB) Viewed 111 times
Satanism is not about taking your God away from you;
It's about freeing you to be your own God.

"My Wisdom is Not Separate From my Heart"

Serapis (Satan)

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/da ... st-edition
GoldenDragon

Re: Floating

Post by GoldenDragon »

It is proven that Water element is having its therapeutical method to cure PTSD (some forms of it), depression and also general stress and wash away negativity.

The water element is of Feminine polarity hence why it is associated with Godess Dodola. It is often said that when Godess Dodola milks her heavenly cows (the clouds), it will rain on Earth.

Talking about how Water (Feminine) gives fresh ideas and life to the Masculine (Earth) element, in a very well put universal equilibrium.

In Binaural therapy, Water element binaural meditations such as the ones I have posted to my reply to one of Seeker's post, is a way to boost the capacity of the water element influence in your aura.

Water is important as it is conferring the Feminine side of the Universal Equilibrium, is used to clean impurities and stress and, is a vital substance for all of the living organisms. Even for us humans, as we are all having 70% water in our bodies. In my opinion, that means, 70% standard (not fully unblocked) capacity of emotional healing and empathization.
GoldenDragon

Post by GoldenDragon »

This is the meditation I posted, I remember now :)
:
HPSZolaLuckyStar
Site Admin

Really like that water meditation. Very nice.

my third immersion in the tank I noticed right away that the pain I mentioned before in the neck and shoulders was not nearly so present. The ego mind was like a wild monkey chattering for some time till all quieted down and then just drifting. It felt as though the walls of the tank fell away and I was laying on a bed of grass on a plain with an immense bluish sky of twilight above, and just a sensation of peace.

And then a memory of childhood came up....my dead brother and a certain day....and my eyes filled with tears. I told myself crying in here might not be a good idea since the salts in the water...if you are crying and you wipe the eyes...oh my goodness does it ever sting!

And again, after just a wonderful feeling of wholeness and contentment.

I really recommend this practice. Do the yoga and whatever else you might do...it's all good. But if you can, add this. You won't regret it.

Serapis (Satan)

GoldenDragon

Post by GoldenDragon »

I am glad to hear that you like the water meditation I provided.

Water element surely brings a lot of memories as well.

In the future, I will try to include this into my practice. Good idea :)
HPSZolaLuckyStar
Site Admin

fourth immersion.
I think that the immersions drain off the stress and pain we hold in the body. Most of it appears to be located in the neck and shoulders. This time almost no pain there.
This time it was just floating and then feeling like rotating forward, then finding oneself on a grassy plain with the wide sky overhead. The tank seemed to open out. What I mean is that the space seemed to open out till I was laying in the tall grass with a big sky overhead.
And again, just such a feeling of peacefulness.
Wonderful.

Also time seems to compress. An hour feels like five minutes.

Serapis (Satan)