Signs of a Cult

KorvusTheRaven

Signs of a Cult

Post by KorvusTheRaven »

So I saw this trending on Twitter today

and even though this is in reference to the US's Republican Party, specifically, former President Trump's followers, it's a lot more appropriate to apply it to an actual cult, and not a political party of idiots.

Let's see

Absolute authoritarianism? Cobra is the only one in charge, so check.
No tolerance for questions? His forum is based on post approval and always blocks questions or posts he doesn't like, so check.
No meaningful financial disclosure? Check, plus the fact he's demanding gibs from his followers which cults often do.
Unreasonable fear about the outside world? Check.
No legitimate reason to leave, former members are always shamed and slandered into returning? Big check.
Former members detail similar accounts of abuse? The very reason this forum exists, so check.
Records that document the abuse from staff or leadership? None of a physical or sexual nature, but emotional and mental abuse is widespread.
Followers feel that they are never good enough? Big check.
The group/leader is always right? Check.
The leader is the exclusive means of "learning truth"? Big big fucking check from the very beginning. The clergy is always right, everything else is jewish.

So uhhh, even with the strictest interpretation of these warning signs, JoS still hits all of those warning signs.
Last edited by KorvusTheRaven on Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh oh, the voice don't lie
We're gonna be safe and sound tonight
Oh oh, the strong don't cry
Gonna open up the door when the morning light shines in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvplSkyWgjQ
HPSZolaLuckyStar
Site Admin

Re: Signs of a Cult

Post by HPSZolaLuckyStar »

Hits the nail on the head alright. Thanks for posting this.
Satanism is not about taking your God away from you;
It's about freeing you to be your own God.

"My Wisdom is Not Separate From my Heart"

Serapis (Satan)

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/da ... st-edition